The mouse is one of the assets for all the people who use a computer, be it wireless mouse or wired mouse. Nowadays, all the work is being done on the computer as everything is computerized. People work for hours on their computer, and it’s the time they need comfortable peripheral devices like mouse, keyboard, etc. Wireless mouse is getting popular among the masses as there is no hassle of connecting wires, so there is no chance of getting the wires entangled, and that’s the reason people prefer wireless mice over wired mice. When it comes to connecting a wireless mouse, people need to know how to check wireless mouse is working or not.
Importance of Selecting the Right Wireless Mouse
There are oodles of wireless mice available on the market designed and engineered by an infinite number of companies. It is true that you can’t trust each and every brand available on the market, sometimes there are a lot of scammers who make false claims and charge a heavy price for a mouse that is nothing more a crap. So, the best practice is to look for the brand that has recognition in the market, and has positive reviews which are the identity of a brand that they are selling quality products, whatever they make, are with the intent to satisfy the consumers need.
There are some outstanding brands that have been selling outstanding wireless mice for so long. So, it’s always suggested to trust the brand for that has been in the market for quite some time. Selecting a right wireless mouse is really important as there are some people who bought a brand new wireless mouse, and when they try to connect it, it does not work, and after trying for a few hours, they end up realizing that the mouse they have bought is a faulty piece that is never going to work.
Once, you selected the right wireless mouse, the only thing left is to check the mouse if it is working or not, and how to connect it.
How to Detect Wireless Mouse
Most of the people find issues when they connect their wireless mouse as some feel that mouse stops working, some even have issues that they could not connect it successfully, which leads to questions like how to check wireless mouse is working or not.
When you are connecting your wireless mouse, you need to be sure of a few things to get the answer to your question on how to check wireless mouse is working. Things you need to check
Things to Check
- First, you need to make sure that your wireless mouse is getting the power that it needs to run. For this, you need to check some indications such as the light, which is the indicator that can easily be noted.
- If you observe that the mouse is not responding or appearing to be on, then the only thing you need to make it work is to check the batteries and replace the batteries of the wireless mouse as it can be an issue that does not let your mouse work.
- Another thing that you need to make sure is the location of the receiver of your wireless mouse. It should not be placed out of range, if the receiver is placed within the range, you may easily make the mouse work. You also need to make sure that the place where you keep the receiver is not blocked by too many objects as it can create issues.
- If you detect any issue and feel that the mouse is not working the way it should be, then you can disconnect the USB adaptor, and try to plug it into a different port, maybe the one at the back of your computer as it has more bandwidth.
Software or Driver Issue
Want to know how to check wireless mouse is working or not? There is a simple solution to your query. You need to boot into safe mode of your windows, if your wireless mouse is working fine in the safe mode, then there must a software or driver issue. To overcome this issue, you need to follow the steps given below
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- Click the Device Manager and expand it by clicking the + button.
- Once done, you need to remove all the mice listed. For this, you need to highlight each device, and then press the delete button using your keyboard.
Missing or Outdated Driver
One of the most important things to make the mouse working is to check if the driver has been installed or not. For this, you can also check the device manager to make sure you have the mouse driver installed. Although windows have the standard or default driver for the mouse, sometimes downloading or installing a driver for your wireless mouse can fix the issue.
You can download the driver of your specific wireless mouse that can be found online as well. If you have the driver installed in your computer, then it is suggested to check if there is any update as sometimes updating the driver will do the work.
To check wireless mouse you have bought is right with no fault, you need to check the mouse in different ports. As there is a possibility that mice may not work in the front or back port, so you need to check all the ports. If the back ports are not responding, then there must be a motherboard issue.
In this article, we shed light on how to check wireless mouse is working. It is really important to know if it’s really working or you have bought the faulty or defective mouse. We have discussed a few ways that help you check if your mouse is really working or not, and if not then how to make it work. Sometimes you may have encountered a minor issue, but it can be fixed without much effort.